Legal News

E-Cig Explodes in Man’s Mouth
Download PDF
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

e-cigarettes

Summary: A Florida man is suing the manufacturer and company that sold the electronic cigarette after it exploded in his mouth, causing permanent injuries.

Electronic cigarettes have been advertised as a safer alternative to traditional cigarettes but that may not always be true. One Naples, Florida man learned the hard way that his e-cig was dangerous when it exploded in his mouth. Evan Spahlinger sustained burns to his face, throat, and lungs after the incident left him briefly in a coma. Spahlinger filed the lawsuit in Miami-Dade against the companies that manufactured and sold him the e-cig.

  
What
Where


Ten Electronic Cigarette Makers Sued in U.S. Patent Dispute

E-cigarettes deliver vaporized nicotine through a heated liquid solution but there is very little evidence from studies done to demonstrate how effective or safe the product is. The U.S. Department of Transportation understands the danger of the device, banning them from checked bags on airplanes.

E-Cigarettes Smoked Out: New York Council Says “Not in Public”

Get JD Journal in Your Mail

Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!




John J. Uustal of Fort Lauderdale is representing Spahlinger. He states in the filing, “This malfunction left Evan permanately injured and caused him unimaginable mental anguish.” He used the “Rig Mod V.2” e-cig from the Vaping Station in Naples. It was manufactured by VapeAMP in San Diego.

Cigarette makers: Graphic ads on dangers of smoking are unconstitutional



After having the device for three months, the e-cig exploded in Spahlinger’s mouth, “causing him to inhale flames, smoke, and scorching hot air.” He was rushed to the burn unit at Kendall Regional Medical Center but along the way his “esophagus and lungs began to swell from his internal burns.” Spahlinger was placed in a medically-induced coma and must now give the injuries constant follow-up care.

Source: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article57037303.html

Photo: atovape.com



 

Interesting Legal Sites You May Like


Most Popular

SEARCH IN ARCHIVE

To Top