Legal News

McDonald’s Sued After Child Eats Used Condom
Download PDF

A woman has sued McDonald’s Corp because she claims her two-year-old son ate a used condom found in the play area of a restaurant in Chicago, according to Reuters. The complaint was filed by Anishi Spencer on Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of herself and her sons. Her sons are Jonathan Hines and Jacquel Hines.

The court documents say that Spencer and her children were at a South Side McDonald’s on February 4, 2012 when Jacquel picked up a used condom off the floor. Not long after that he coughed up a piece of it. Both of her children needed medical attention and the complaint says that they have suffered pain and discomfort from the incident.


McDonald’s has been accused of negligence for failing to clean hazardous debris from the children’s play area. The restaurants is also being sued for the failure to use appropriate security measures to help uncover “deviant activities.” The suit is seeking $50,000 in damages.

“This is a very disgusting case,” Jeffrey Deutschman, a lawyer for Spencer and her sons at Deutschman & Associates in Chicago, said in a phone interview.

Deutschman noted that he attempted to settle with the company, but could not because of the “layers and layers” of bureaucracy at the company. Its headquarters are in Oak Brook, Illinois.

Get JD Journal in Your Mail

Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!


Most Popular


To Top