Home

CJA Attorneys Get Pay Raise
Download PDF
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

Big money! Ah, what a whimsical graphic.Attorneys working assignments under the federal will see their fees bumped up from $100 to $110 per hour, with funds recently appropriated by Congress.

The CJA was enacted in 1964 to establish a comprehensive system for appointing and compensating lawyers to represent defendants financially unable to retain counsel in federal criminal proceedings.

Federal defender organizations, together with the more than 10,000 private panel attorneys who accept CJA assignments annually, represent the vast majority of individuals who are prosecuted in the nation’s federal courts.

  
What
Where


Nationwide, federal defenders receive approximately 58% of CJA appointments, and the remaining 42% are assigned to the CJA panel.

The new fee pays panel attorneys an hourly rate of $110 per hour in non-capital cases, and a maximum rate of $175 per hour for capital cases.

President Obama signed the new rate into law on March 11 for work performed on or after that date.

Get JD Journal in Your Mail

Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!




The American Bar Association had urged the Obama administration and Congress to support increases in the panel rates.





 

Interesting Legal Sites You May Like


BCG FEATURED JOB

Locations:

Keyword:



Search Now

Litigation Trial Attorney with 3-5 years of pleading experience

USA-WA-Seattle

Seattle office of our client seeks litigation trial attorney with 3-5 years of experience. The candi...

Apply Now

Corporate Attorney with mergers and acquisitions experience

USA-CA-Los Angeles

Los Angeles office is seeking a corporate attorney with 1-6 years of M&A, corporate finance, securit...

Apply Now

Estate Planning Attorney with 6+ years of experience

USA-CA-Los Angeles

Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced estate planning attorney with 6+ years of experience. C...

Apply Now

Condominium Associate Attorney

USA-IL-Chicago

Chicago office of our client seeks condominium associate attorney with 1-3 years of experience. The ...

Apply Now

RELEVANT JOBS

Corporate / Commercial Attorney | Lebanon, NH

USA-NH-Lebanon

Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC seeks an experienced corporate / commercial attorney to join its Lebanon o...

Apply now

Business Law Junior Associate | Burlington, VT

USA-VT-Burlington

Downs Rachlin Martin seeks associate attorney with 1-3 years of experience to join its Commercial an...

Apply now

Business Law Associate | Burlington

USA-VT-Burlington

Downs Rachlin Martin is seeking an attorney with 4 to 8 years of experience to join its very busy pr...

Apply now

Litigation Associate

USA-NY-New York City

Midtown Manhattan litigation boutique with diverse civil litigation practice seeking associate with ...

Apply now

Most Popular

SEARCH IN ARCHIVE

To Top