Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
No Evidence of Weed or Drugs During Raid of Bieber’s Home
According to TMZ, Justin Bieber’s home was raided; TMZ states there were cookie jars filled with marijuana and empty Styrofoam cups for his codeine mixtures lying around, but the official raid by authorities last Tuesday morning turned up none of what was reported.
On Monday Lt. David Thompson, of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told the Daily News, “The house was orderly, it didn’t look like a drug pad, I didn’t see any empty codeine bottles and I didn’t smell any weed. I didn’t see any of it.”
Get JD Journal in Your Mail
Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!
Law enforcement personally walked through the house, entering every room and didn’t see any of the drugs or paraphernalia reported to TMZ on Monday. Another law enforcement source told the Daily News that cops did see at least one bong in plain sight, but that they were only authorized to investigate the “egging incident” and did not have authority to investigate drugs- they simply weren’t there for a drug raid. Thompson told the Daily News last week, “We’re not doing some big sting on Justin Bieber, this was about the egging.”
“Maybe there was codeine in the medicine cabinet, but the scope of the search warrant was such that we didn’t go through medicine cabinets or open cookie jars, nobody had time to flush anything, it was orderly.” Thompson said.
A sidekick of Bieber, Xavier Smith, 20 was arrested because drugs were in his bedroom and he admitted they were his. Bieber is under investigation for allegedly throwing raw eggs at his next-door neighbor’s house two weeks ago.
Image credit: CNN.com
- How US lawyers can build a foreign client base: Part 2: Turkey | INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT on Foreign Law Firms Entering Turkey for its Economy
- Cathy Cardozo on Stripper Hired for Nursing Home Patients: Lawsuit Ensues
- Michael Rosenstein on Leading Corporate Governance & Securities Litigator Joins DLA Piper
- Linda on Woman Arrested For Having Sex with Her Pit Bull in Broad Daylight
- Jennifer Mark on Holland & Knight Nixes Billable Hours Tracking in Public Policy & Regulation Group