Breaking News

Obama’s Lead Narrows Following Debate
Download PDF
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

It was announced on Sunday that a new Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney remaining close to President Barack Obama. The poll shows that Romney is just two points behind Obama for a third straight day after he presumably won the debate last week in Denver. The survey, conducted online, discovered that 47 percent of voters would place a vote for Obama while 45 percent said they would vote for Romney.

“Romney’s performance in the debate I think has improved his share of the vote for now … It’s a significant change from where we were a couple of weeks ago,” said Julia Clark, an Ipsos pollster. “I would say that if the debate was a game-changer, we would see Romney continue to make gains. He’s narrowed the race but he doesn’t seem to be overtaking Obama.”

  
What
Where


The poll conducted Sunday found that eight percent of voters said that they have voted in person or via absentee ballot already. The same poll found that 84 percent of respondents have already decided which of the two candidates they are going to vote for in November. This leaves just 16 percent of the respondents to change their minds.

The Obama campaign received a boost on Friday with the unexpected strong economic report. Clark said that polls conducted usually do not reflect jobs reports that are positive.

“Americans don’t change their views on how things are doing economically based on jobs numbers,” but instead focus on personal experience, she said.

Get JD Journal in Your Mail

Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!




On Thursday of this week there will be a debate between Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan, Romney’s running mate, and Vice President Joe Biden. The poll conducted by Reuters/Ipsos surveyed 1,745 registered voters and 1,490 likely voters over a span of four days. The poll uses a credibility interval, which was set at plus or minus 2.7 percentage points for registered voters and 2.9 percentage points for likely voters.





 

BCG FEATURED JOB

Locations:

Keyword:



Search Now

Real Estate Transactional Attorney with 4-12 years of leasing experience

USA-CA-Orange

Irvine office of our client seeks real estate transactional attorney with 4-12 years of experience. ...

Apply Now

Complex Litigation Attorney with 3-5 years of arbitration experience

USA-FL-Miami

Miami office of our client seeks complex litigation attorney with 3-5 years of law firm experience i...

Apply Now

Commercial Litigation Attorney with 1-3 years of experience

USA-TX-Dallas

Dallas office of our client seeks litigation attorney with 1-3 years of experience. The candidate wi...

Apply Now

Labor and Employment Attorney with 3-4 years of litigation experience

USA-CA-Los Angeles

Los Angeles office of our client seeks labor and employment attorney with 3-4 years of litigation ex...

Apply Now

RELEVANT JOBS

Legal Assistant- Bilingual

USA-NV-Las Vegas

Prestigious personal injury firm seeks superstar BILINGUAL legal assistant! Candidate MUST have...

Apply now

Paralegal

USA-AL-Montgomery

Overview The Southern Poverty Law Center is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking...

Apply now

Business Law Associate | Burlington

USA-VT-Burlington

Downs Rachlin Martin is seeking an attorney with 4 to 8 years of experience to join its very busy pr...

Apply now

Business Law Junior Associate | Burlington, VT

USA-VT-Burlington

Downs Rachlin Martin seeks associate attorney with 1-3 years of experience to join its Commercial an...

Apply now

Most Popular

SEARCH IN ARCHIVE

To Top