Breaking News

Three Friday the 13ths in 2012
Download PDF
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

If you have paraskevidekatriaphobia, the year 2012 is going to be a bad year for you. Why? If you have a fear of paraskevidekatriaphobia it means that you have a fear of Friday the 13th. Well, 2012 features three Friday the 13th dates, instead of the usual number of two, and there was only one date in 2011.

That is not the only bad news we have for you. The three Friday the 13th dates in 2012 land on January 13, April 13 and July 13; all are 13 weeks apart.

  
What
Where


The last time there were three dates in one year was 2009 and the next will not be until 2015. The special thing about 2012, and what will not happen again until 2040, is the fact that this is occurring during a leap year. Tom Fernsler is a math professor at the University of Delaware. Fernsler says that, “I find that 95% of people in the world are superstitious about something, and the other 5% are liars,” he said.

The number 13 occurs in religious, spiritual and mythological traditions. Thirteen people attended the last supper in Christianity before Judas betrayed Jesus, which led to his death on a Friday. Dire consequences come out of a Norse myth that says you should not dine in groups of 13. The medieval Knights Templar were imprisoned on a Friday the 13th. Even though this next example is not as historic, Tupac Shakur, the rapper, died on Friday September 13, 1996 after being gunned down back on September 7.

Fernsler says that the 13th of the month falls on a Friday 688 times during a 400-year period, which makes it not that special of a thing. Fernsler enjoys finding historical ties to the number 13 and Friday the 13th, such as the birthdays of Butch Cassidy and Fidel Castro.

Get JD Journal in Your Mail

Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!






 

Interesting Legal Sites You May Like


BCG FEATURED JOB

Locations:

Keyword:



Search Now

Senior Land Use Attorney with experience

USA-CA-San Francisco

San Francisco office of our client seeks senior land use attorney with 7+ years of experience. The c...

Apply Now

Immigration Attorney with portable business

USA-VA-McLean

McLean office is seeking an immigration attorney with $500,000+ in portable business.

Apply Now

Employment Attorney with 3+ years of wage and hour litigation experience

USA-CA-Los Angeles

Los Angeles office of our client seeks employment attorney with 3+ years of experience in wage and h...

Apply Now

Litigation Attorney with 3-6 years of experience

USA-IL-Chicago

Chicago office of our client seeks litigation attorney with 3-6 years of experience and exposure to ...

Apply Now

RELEVANT JOBS

Experienced Civil Litigation Paralegal

USA-CA-San Diego

Civil litigation / insurance defense law firm in UTC is seeking a full time, experienced litigation ...

Apply now

Associate Attorney

USA-CA-San Diego

Busy, mid-sized San Diego based civil and complex litigation firm working throughout the state is se...

Apply now

Experienced Legal Secretary

USA-CA-San Diego

Busy mid-sized law firm in the UTC area is seeking a full time, experienced legal secretary.  A...

Apply now

Legal Secretary

USA-NJ-Morristown

A fulltime legal secretary with experience in working for a litigation firm in New Jersey. Experienc...

Apply now

Most Popular

SEARCH IN ARCHIVE

To Top