Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
|Free Market Evaluation - Send us your resume and we will give you free feedback|
Top 10 Reasons to Hire Interns or Summer Associates View Count: 208
Are you considering hiring legal interns or summer associates in your law firm or legal business? Here are the top 10 reasons you should hire legal interns or summer associates:
1. It’s a good thing to do. Giving aspiring young attorneys early experience is something that benefits them and the legal profession.
2. You can save a lot of money and get a lot of work done. The job market is tight. Even an internship or summer associate job at $10.00 an hour is likely to draw a lot of highly-qualified applicants. Legal interns and summer associates are willing to work for much less than an attorney or other legal staff.
3. A trial can lead to something more. What better way to see the potential a student or recent graduate may have? You can closely watch the work your interns do and decide if they may be a good fit as a full-time employee later down the line.
4. Tasks you have put off can finally be completed. Law students are eager to work and can finish the small tasks that will help your organization be more effective.
5. Allow younger employees the opportunity to supervise and train others. Training law students helps your younger employees reinforce what they already know and provides them a needed sense of self-importance.
6. Get your organization up-to-date on technology. Law students are part of a new generation and understand social media, internet marketing and more. They can help your organization get up- to-speed and make your online presence “shine” for the world.
7. Establish relationships with local law schools. Local law schools can be an ongoing source of employees for short and long-term projects in the future.
8. Give your organization a new perspective. New voices and ways of looking at issues are important to create a dynamic organization. Since law students are often seeing various processes and procedures for the first time, they may offer you insights that make your organization stronger.
9. Complete lots of marketing materials and articles. Many organizations use law students to help with writing marketing materials, bios and articles for the firm to send to clients.
10. Create advocates for your organizations. Law students will spread the word about what you do. If they are impressed with you over the summer (or during the school year), more good candidates will follow. They may even refer you work and business when they get established later in their career.
If you are interested in hiring any summer associates or legal interns this year, LawCrossing is offering a FREE JOB POSTING for these jobs on our site.
All you have to do is email Christy Moon to get started. Click here to email her directly.Top 10 Reasons to Hire Interns or Summer Associates by Andrew Ostler