Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
|Free Market Evaluation - Send us your resume and we will give you free feedback|
Top 10 Tips for Law Students View Count: 99
Guest Post by: Sydney Hewitt
Whether you are considering a future in law or are already a student of law, there are many tips and tricks in the field that can help ensure a successful academic and real-life future in law. No matter what specific study interests you, whether you want to become a criminal defense lawyer, patent attorney, etc., these top ten tips will surely help you along the way.
1. Attend all of your classes! Sounds simple enough, but missing one class day in law school could result in missed material, quizzes, etc.; these are all extremely vital.
2. READING, READING, READING!!!! That’s right, when it comes to the business and knowledge of the law; you simply cannot and will not get away with barely skimming through. Be sure to efficiently finish all of the required reading for all of your classes and/or courses.
3. Take as many practice exams as you can. It’s important to not just rush through these exams. Taking your time and studying your results will ensure much more efficiency.
4. Be an efficient student in and out of class. Participate as much as you can in all of your classes, even those difficult ones with Professors and instructors that are intimidating! Also remember to take notes, pay close attention, review all material for each and every course, prepare outlines for courses, etc.
5. Find a study group. Whether you have one or 6…all the help and extra time spent with your classmates discussing your courses will help you get a real life understanding of the material.
6. Positivity. Keep a completely neutral, unbiased and positive attitude towards the entire process.
7. Get help if and when needed. It is imperative to always ask questions and get help when needed.
8. Don’t Compete! Law school can be incredibly competitive. Although it is important to stay quick and efficient, do not let yourself get too caught up with the idea of “being the best.” Focus!
9. Attend workshops and all seminars! You will discover extremely valuable and essential tools among almost every extended part of your classes. Becoming an all-around balanced student will surely create a successful future.
10. Don’t procrastinate! As simple as it sounds, you’d be surprised how easy it can become for many law students to not stay focused on the task at hand. Do not let yourself get overwhelmed with your workload and never put off any assignments.
Every law student or potential student should feel proud and honored to begin their education in law. Remain confident and work hard to ensure your success.Top 10 Tips for Law Students by Harrison Barnes
|Job of the Day|
Accountant for Law Firm
Cutting-edge law firm seeks experienced Staff Accountant to join their team! This position offers job security, flexibility, work-life balance, and competitive salary. Candidates should have 7 to 1...