Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
McDonald’s Sales Up 2.6 Percent After Tweaking Their Menu
McDonald’s is bouncing back. The fast food restaurant has suffered along with the restaurant market as a whole, which had weak growth this last year – and fast food enterprises have especially suffered now that eating demographics are changing. Nevertheless, McDonald’s managed to change those figures around and had global sales grow 2.6 percent this last month, and this thanks in part to the introduction of new menu items and more dollar menu deals.
The new items include an egg-white Mcmuffin and McDonald’s chicken wrap, which are intended to appeal to customers in their 20s and 30s who desire fresher healthier food. Indeed, attempts for healthier food may become more and more of McDonald’s incentive now that eating habits are changing globally.
Get JD Journal in Your Mail
Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!
In Europe, their sales rose 2 percent, though they went down specifically in Germany and France. They also fared poorly in China where there are fears of Avian flu.
Nevertheless, it is a step in the right direction for McDonald’s, after they saw a decline last year in sales for the first time in a decade, leading them to get a new U.S. division head and to concentrate attention on vamping their menu to appeal to a more health-conscious nation. Indeed, we’ve seen enough crazy commercials about their Happy Meals being an especially healthy choice for children, so health rather than just straight in your face taste is their new focus.
Shares are up nearly 2 percent at $100.10.
- Fired McDonald’s Employee Settles with Franchise for Termination
- McDonald’s Staff Stages Walk Out After Owners Refuse to Fix Air Conditioning
- Twitter Account of Burger King Hacked
- McDonald’s Franchise Offers More Payment Options After Being Sued
- McDonald’s Accidentally Gives out Thousands of Dollars Instead of Fast-food
- bobgt on Texas Teen Gets 10 Years Probation for Drunk Driving, Kills 4
- rsteeb on Sacramento Appeals Court Rules No Constitutional Right to Grow Marijuana
- Sara Reed on Pill to Treat Low Sexual Desire in Women Rejected by U.S. Regulators
- Cali Norml on Sacramento Appeals Court Rules No Constitutional Right to Grow Marijuana
- JonChris on Woman Arrested For Having Sex with Her Pit Bull in Broad Daylight