Colorado Law Receives $10 Million Donation in a Bequest
Colorado Law Receives $10 Million Donation in a Bequest
Moody’s Downgrades Vermont Law School Rating
Moody’s Downgrades Vermont Law School Rating
University of Maryland Names New Law School Dean
University of Maryland Names New Law School Dean
Trinity Western University Receives Go-Ahead to Create Law School
Trinity Western University Receives Go-Ahead to Create Law School
Your profile matches an open legal position. Apply now!
Job Listings

Christopher Dumler Case Now Has Second Alleged Victim

 

The Albemarle County Supervisor, Christopher Dumler, is scheduled to appear in court on forcible sodomy charges in the coming days. Now, new court documents reveal that a second woman has come forward accusing Dumler, according to NewsPlex.com.

 

Dumler has been accused of sexual assault by a second woman, according to search warrants that were filed in Albemarle County General District Court. The woman told police that she was raped and sodomized by Dumler on multiple accounts from September to December of 2006.



Get JD Journal in Your Mail
Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!


 

Scott Goodman, a legal analyst, said that the documents prove prosecutors are working to prove that Dumler has a pattern of criminal behavior.

 

“It’s a fact, when someone who has criminal tendencies and is arrested or exposed because of one act with one victim, it would not be surprising to find that person has also committed similar bad acts or illegal acts against other people at other times,” Goodman, an attorney from Charlottesville, said.

 

Dumler was 27 and in his first year of law school at the University of Virginia back in 2006, which is when the alleged crimes occurred. Dumler was arrested in October of 2012 by the Albemarle County Police. Dumler was charged with forcible sodomy based on an incident that occurred earlier in the month.

 

Dumler sent a text message to CBS19 that said he did not know of the new claims against him and that he would contact his lawyer. Jeffrey Haislip, the Fluvanna County Prosecutor, said that he was appointed the special prosecutor for the case. He described the claims of the second woman as an ‘ongoing investigation.’

 

Investigators have search warrants that will permit them to access the internet history on Dumler’s iPad and laptop. The search warrant also asks for access to his emails, Facebook messages, and his photographs.

 

The police officer who filed the search warrant wrote the following: “Based on my training and experience, a suspect in sex crimes often communicate(s) with other like minded individuals or will often research their sexual fantasies on the internet or collect pornography depicting their fantasy.”

 

Goodman said, “The search warrant would look for similar descriptions from Dumler regarding his encounters with victim number one and number two that would be incriminating against him and the Commonwealth could use that against him in his trial.”

 

Haislip said that a decision has yet to be made regarding the filing of added charges against Dumler, but that the investigation is not complete.

 

“It could very well be additional criminal charges could be brought or this second victim could be used to testify about similar conduct,” Goodman said.

 

Dumler’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for today.

Did you like this? Share it:
Christopher Dumler Case Now Has Second Alleged Victim by

Tagged: , ,

Posted by on January 31, 2013. Filed under Law School News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.