Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
|Free Market Evaluation - Send us your resume and we will give you free feedback|
Nelson Mullins Adds 16 Attorneys from Cetrulo & Capone View Count: 211
The law firm of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP announced via a press release on their website on Monday that it has added 16 lawyers to its office in Boston from the law firm of Cetrulo & Capone. A spokesman for Nelson Mullins, Joe Donovan, said, “This is the third significant expansion for Nelson Mullins in the last four years in Boston.”
In 2008, the Boston office of Nelson Mullins had two attorney. Now, the firm has 55 lawyers in Boston. The firm employs 430 lawyers in 13 offices located in Boston, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Bizjournals talked with Lawrence Cetrulo, the founding partner of Cetrulo & Capone, via phone about the split of the firm.
“This is great news for me and for our firm,” Cetrulo said. “We’re very excited. Capone and I had been talking about splitting up for some time. It was the right thing to do and I wish him good luck.”
“We are pleased to have this experienced group join our firm,” said Nelson Mullins Boston Managing Partner Amy Mandragouras in the firm’s press release. “These attorneys have considerable experience in and ties to New England, and beyond, and have been active in some of the more high-profile cases in the region. Their experience helps us expand the services we can offer to clients.”
The new attorneys joining the firm include Bert Capone, Jim Carroll and Tom Hayman, who all will lead teams at Nelson Mullins.
“We are excited to be joining Nelson Mullins and we look forward to continuing to serve our clients throughout New England and beyond,” Capone said. “Nelson Mullins has shown phenomenal growth over the past six years in Boston because of the hands-on approach all of its attorneys take in representing clients and expanding its business foothold here.”
The full list of lawyers joining Nelson Mullins, per their press release, is below:
“Also joining the firm as partners are:
- Dwight T. Burns, III, who represents clients including owners, contractors and sureties in construction-related civil litigation.
- Gregory J. May, who concentrates his practice on environmental, products liability, and commercial claims throughout New England and the United States.
- Francis R. Powell, who represents clients in commercial disputes, construction and surety litigation, and defense of product liability and personal injury claims. He also has been engaged in Big Dig litigation.
- Michael F. Sommerville, a former insurance company manager and experienced litigator focusing on environmental and toxic tort litigation brought by and against insurers and insured companies.
- Gillian A. Woolf, who concentrates on the defense of commercial claims. She has handled multi-party cases involving negligence, products liability, breach of contract, insurance coverage, and municipal liability.
Joining as associates are:
- Benjamin J. Carroll, who focuses on wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, products liability, and insurance coverage.
- Carl E. Fumarola, who represents corporations and individuals in disputes.
- Kate J. Borgondy, who focuses on civil litigation involving wrongful death and products liability.
- Marc E. Finkel, who defends clients involving wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, products liability, municipal liability, and insurance coverage matters.
- Adam Florey, who represents clients in matters involving commercial, construction, professional liability, and surety disputes.
- John McDonnell, a professional engineer, professional land surveyor, and licensed construction supervisor who represents all manner of clients in transactional and litigation matters pertaining to construction projects.
- Kathryn D. Stone, whose cases encompass issues such as products liability, wrongful death, and personal injury matters.
- Patrick Uiterwyk, who represents clients in matters involving commercial, admiralty/maritime, construction, personal injury, and professional liability disputes.”
|Job of the Day|
Accountant for Law Firm
Cutting-edge law firm seeks experienced Staff Accountant to join their team! This position offers job security, flexibility, work-life balance, and competitive salary. Candidates should have 7 to 1...