Gossip site TMZ has been able to get its hands on the 911 call that Demi Moore’s friend placed after the star had inhaled nitrous oxide or laughing gas as it is commonly known.
Although parts of the call have been redacted, the one thing that is clear in the call is that Demi was semi-conscious and lying on the floor according to her friend. The 911 dispatcher is heard asking for the exact address repeatedly and telling the friend not to give Demi anything to eat or drink even though the friend keeps saying that Demi was burning up and convulsing at times. The female friend then hands the phone to an unidentified male friend who then directs the 911 dispatcher to their address.
Medical experts say that inhaling laughing gas to get high is anything but funny. While the drug, also called whip-its or hippie crack by its users, gives a brief high for a minute or two, it can also be quite dangerous. It can deprive the heart and brain of oxygen and can cause brain damage.