Enter your email address and start getting breaking law firm and legal news right now!
|Free Market Evaluation - Send us your resume and we will give you free feedback|
BC Law Offers Aid to Deferred and Unemployed Grads View Count: 56
The Boston College Law School has joined other prominent law schools in offering assistance to graduates who have been deferred at law firms, or who have not received offers.
According to Eagleionline, the assistance includes:
- Law School Fellows Program: “as many as twelve positions” will be available, paid at “a modest hourly rate” in places like the Legal Assistance Bureau and the Law Library.
- Career Services Partnership Program: working with some firms and companies, the Law School will coordinate jobs for graduates from September 1 of this year to March 1 of the next, to help out those who are waiting out deferrals or bar exam results. While stipends vary, past participants have “averaged $800 to $1000 per week.”
- Audit Courses: Class of 2009 graduates will be able to enroll in “a number of courses” in the fall semester, without tuition but without the opportunity to receive a grade…
- Eagle Scholars Program: while auditing courses, graduates can participate in a weekly seminar intended to help students produce “a law review article of publishable quality.”
- Research Assistantships: in a measure bound to raise the ire of some continuing students, graduates are being welcomed to apply for assistantships with professors. Some faculty members have been given the green light to hire an extra assistant for the summer and fall.
- Public Service Jobs: for graduates waiting out deferrals, the Law School is extending access to PS Lawnet in an effort to connect graduates with public service opportunities.
Boston College Law School is situated on a 40-acre wooded campus in Newton, Massachusetts. With approximately 800 students and 125 faculty members, the Law School is the largest of Boston College’s seven graduate and professional schools.
Admission to BC Law is among the most selective in the United States, with approximately 7,000 applicants for the 275 places in the first year class in 2005.
BC Law Offers Aid to Deferred and Unemployed Grads by Erik Even
|Job of the Day|
Accountant for Law Firm
Cutting-edge law firm seeks experienced Staff Accountant to join their team! This position offers job security, flexibility, work-life balance, and competitive salary. Candidates should have 7 to 1...